Tribute to the King of Pop

Like most African American men in their 40's (and toward the tail end of 40 I might add), I am a huge Michael Jackson fan. When I heard of his passing on June 25th, it hit me like I had lost a very close friend. It hit me like someone passed who I grew up with, because I did grow up with Mike. I didn't know him personally as most did not, but I have always been, along with millions of others, his number one fan.

Therefore, when the media would say harsh things about him, or criticize his fleshly and human foibles, as we all have, I took it personal. It's just like a close family member. That family member may have his/her ups and downs, and have to deal with the myriad vissicitudes of this life, but we never turn our back on them, especially if they have a kind heart. And a kind heart was certainly the epitome of Michael Joseph Jackson.

So MJ fans, go to my Tribute to Mike Blog and leave your comments. This blog is about uplifting and sharing positive thoughts about the King of Pop. Any negative comments are deleted and not debated in any way, shape, or form, and the perpetrators IP address is blocked. I owe that much to my friend Michael.

Comments