Back-in-the-day

I'm going back-in-the-day, going old-school with these pictures. The fella in the white pants to the left, and killer shoes is my late brother, and this photo was taken around 1972. You could not tell him that he was not cool. I saw this picture in an old photo album. It was taken by me, in a bedroom he and I shared as kids. My brother, Kent, was about 13 or 14 in this picture.

Kent completed his mission on this earth in 1992, so I figured, what the heck, I gotta put this on my blog. Because if he were here, he'd certainly be against my posting this picture. Sorry bro, but when I looked at the picture it evoked one of those LMAO, specifically the SHOES. I couldn't laugh too hard though, because I had my own pair of what would be considered today, as outrageous boots. If you had a sense of style back in the 70's and early 80's, then you had a pair too. I could never get down with the platform shoes though. I was way too skinny for platforms. But I had some boots, in 80-81, that are, to this day, my favorite boots of all time. These were killer boots; they were burgundy, with tan suede on the sides; a full boot. I would sport these boots to the club and really used to get some nice compliments. I have a picture that I will post in the next day or so.

The picture to the left is of me and an ex-girlfriend. She was really cool, grew up in Dallas, TX, and I'd like to give a shout-out to Katina, a class-act with a great sense of humor. If she's married now, no disrespect to hubby.

The shorts WERE in style and I am not gay! If a guy wore short-shorts like that today, in public, that would more than likely indicate that he is not heterosexual. No offense to my Gay brothers and sisters out there.

Comments